This position is responsible for the accounting and finance functions for company activities based in Reggio Emilia, Italy including Sall and Eurocont.
These functions include financial reporting, cash management, inventory control, processing of transactions, cost accounting, and internal controls. The Controller will report directly to the corporate Chief Financial Officer based in Chicago, Illinois, USA, and will be supported by the accounting staff at the Reggio Emilia facility. The position also has a “dotted line” reporting relationship to the Managing Director of Sall/Eurocont.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, ongoing projections and cash forecasting.
- Completion of weekly “flash reporting” data including sales and elements of working capital.
- Completion of account reconciliations and general ledger analyses.
- Preparing statutory accounts audit.
- Preparing other mandatory reports/returns for external parties, i.e. taxes, VAT/IVA returns.
- Ongoing reconciliation of inventory transactions to general ledger.
- Reconciliation of work-in-process activity to ensure proper posting and closure of jobs in a timely manner.
- Ensuring integrity of inventory management processes including cycle counts.
- Maintaining monthly sales, product line, and customer line cost and profitability analyses.
- Analysis of monthly labor utilization and efficiency. Reviews and investigates variances from forecast and budget.
- Works closely with plant management to develop and monitor labor and overhead rates for cost centers.
- Maintains all proper records for legal, tax and audit purposes.
- Daily cash management.
- Manages relationships with third parties related to finance department, such as auditors, accountants, and banks.
- Maintains and implements internal financial controls.
- Oversees all transactional accounting activities, including processing of sales and purchase activity and payroll.
- Creates and monitors compliance with budgets.
- Ensures compliance with national and local regulations and tax rules.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Honest, humble and hungry
- Always does the right thing for Company, Customer and Community
- Data driven who openly challenges
- Practical risk taker, acknowledges failure and doesn’t repeat mistakes
- Celebrates success
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels within an organization
- Experience of dealing with challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related area. Master’s degree equivalent a plus.
- Recognized accounting qualification equivalent to CPA in the US a plus.
- Minimum of five years related experience with manufacturing background preferred.
- Fluent in Italian and English.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver with strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office experience with proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Warranty bonds
- Contract and purchase order terms and conditions
- Differences in accounting standards among countries
- Export trade, including various payment methods and shipping terms
Ricerca rivolta ad entrambi i sessi L. 903/77
INVIA LA TUA CANDIDATURA >>